Lux Motors Co. Piston Cup V8
Green (Blue on Xbox 360)
Piston Cup Racer
McCoy is a character in Cars: The Video Game.
Cars: The Video GameEdit
McCoy appears in the Piston Cup Races and is usually seen in 18th place. You can't play as him.
Cars: Mater-National ChampionshipEdit
McCoy does not normally appear, but there are Mods that add him as a playable character.
McCoy is orange with yellow areas and wheat decals along his sides. His number is 33 (56 on certain occassions), his sponsor is Fiber Fuel, and his rear bumper reads "I'm Run'n Regular" (this text does not appear on the Wii and X360).
- Very mysterious pictures have been found showing McCoy in 3rd in a single player race. It could mean that McCoy was one of the top five cars on Los Angeles International Speedway in early development of the game, but it could also be the work of a modder who favored McCoy over the other fast cars and promoted him to the top five.
- Unless you count the Xbox 360 version of the game and anything beta, McCoy has the lowest number of any NPC Piston Cup Racer, while on the X360, Banks gains this title.
- McCoy and Buck are the only cars who lose their bumper texts on the Wii and Xbox 360.
- McCoy, along with various other Piston Cup Cars, appears on the game's box art. Here, he is incorrectly colored fully yellow and can be mistaken for Zeb or Riley.
- The rear close-up of McCoy in the opening of Palm Mile Speedway could be in reference to the fact that most players end up shunting McCoy whenever they start the race. It could also be based on the stance of the player's car.
- McCoy is one of very few cars whose two different numbers change font depending on which one he is wearing, his 56 is written in a "classic" font, while his 33 is written in a "simple" font.
- McCoy and Henderson were both exactly the same color, so the developers had to choose one to change the livery of to avoid confusion, they choose Henderson, though, and made his orange deeper.