Lightning Strikes Back is the "sequel" to High Speed Heist, and the last minigame in Cars: The Video Game.
Story Mode Edit
Lightning meets up with Sheriff at the Ornament Valley gas station, asking if he has seen Mack. Sheriff says that he was driving west along I40, and somehow a gang of "punk kids" stole all of Lightning's gear. Lightning says he's glad that Mack was okay, but he then realizes he needs that gear for his next race. Sheriff says he'll catch them, but Lightning refuses to let him, saying he can mess with him, but not with his friends, and immediately jets off to find them.
Later, Boost, Wingo, DJ, and Snot Rod are locked in the impound, complaining that DJ's subwoofer was busted and Wingo's spoiler was cracked. Sheriff then told them that they would be trialed by Doc, but Boost says it wasn't their idea, and that "some car" paid them off. Wingo describes it as some green race car who had a mustache. Lightning simply replies "ah, Chick".
Lightning, while driving on the wrong side of Interstate 40, must chase down each of DJ, Boost, Wingo, and Snot Rod in that order, and bump them each from behind three times within a time limit of 3:30. Lightning must both hit them hard enough or it will not count and avoid the almost impossible to dodge tourists (which the DRH sometimes use as weapons).
- Along with High Speed Heist, this event is sometimes criticized, one game review said "they suddenly have you control three enemy vehicles and steal Lightning's gear, and one event later, you're Lightning again and you're trying to get back the gear you just helped steal".
- With close eyes, one can see that when the DRH are in the impound, they do not have parking boots, meaning they could freely drive around, although they chose not to.
- Some can question why Vince, Barry, Sonny, and (maybe) Lenny were not seen backgrounding the first cut scene, as it was set at the Ornament Valley gas station.
- It is unknown exactly how Lightning caught up with the DRH, nor how they ended up on the wrong side of the road.
- As the event revolves around Lightning reclaiming his gear, it is unknown what happened to or if Lightning ever reclaimed any gear that Wingo had not claimed in High Speed Heist.
- There is a confirmed glitch where if the player starts driving to the right of the road as soon as the event starts, they will fall through the road into an endless void where the frames do not overwrite, making Lightning seem as if he is painting a picture made of pictures of himself.