Lux Motors Co. Piston Cup V8
Purple, white, gold
Purple (blue on Xbox 360)
Piston Cup Racer
Clarkson is a character in Cars: The Video Game.
Cars: The Video GameEdit
Clarkson is white, purple, and gold with the number 54 and sponsors for Two Cap, his rear bumper reads "For the one night hitch" (which is written in the same area twice on the Wii and Xbox 360).
- He is a clone of Joltsen like all the other NPC Piston Cup Cars.
- In Smasherville, 2 Clarksons appear, the one that usually comes in 20th is actually Guenther, who only normally appears in the Wii version of the game.
- The font of Clarkson's number is the same as the font of the 54 on Cortland's icon.
- On the Wii, the 54 tilts the opposite direction on the Wii, while remaining the same on the Xbox 360, making him the only car to have fonts varying between the two high-quality versions without the actual number changing.
- Clarkson, Cortland, Henderson, and Aikens are the only NPC cars to never be mentioned (name or number) by the announcer.
- Clarkson is the only car to have a twin and never normally place in the Top 5.
- Due to looking too similar to Clarkson, they had to re-paint Medford blue.
- Clarkson is the only car to have the same text written on the same part of his body twice.
- Clarkson and Turner are the only cars to both never be in the Top 5 and appear in two different "packs", they both share the same case of Chick Hicks being put in their spots and having them moved back to 20th place from their normal 6th-10th pack spots.
- In the GBA version of the game, every NPC Piston Cup car shares the same livery as Clarkson, but with the purple being one of several different colors and having no number or sponsor.
- He is numbered 4 on his status icon, while Cortland has number 54 on his icon. (in all versions except Xbox 360, where he is 54 and Cortland is 191)
- This means that those two cars are the only cars in the game to have ever been depicted with a single-digit number.
- Clarkson is also numbered 4 in the Xbox 360 game intro, while Cortland is 54.