Cheat Codes can be entered from the main menu to give boosts and unlock content easier, here is a list of all known codes/functions, and codes that were rumored to exist but do not.
Cars: The Video Game Edit
- VROOOOM: Infinite Boost
- IMSPEED: Super Acceleration
- YAYCARS: Get all playable cars
- R4MONE: Get all paintjobs
- MATTL66: Get all tracks
- IF900HP: Unlock everything
- WATCHIT: Get all movie clips
- CONC3PT: Get all Concept Art
- TRGTEXC: Unlock secret events (they are unlocked default on Xbox 360)
False Codes Edit
- CHMPION: Unlock hard story mode
Cars: Mater-National Championship Edit
- ZZOOOOM: Infinite Boost
- 0TO200X: Super Acceleration
- VRYFAST: Unlock Expert Difficulty
- ALLYORS: Unlock Everything
- MATTEL07: Unlock all playable characters
- PAINTIT: Unlock all paint jobs
- PLAYALL: Unlock all events
- BUYTALL: Unlock all concept art
- INSTYLE: Unlock all wheel sets
False Codes Edit
- ENGINPWR: Unlock Snot Rod (PC version only)
Cars: Race-O-Rama Edit
- GOLDKEY: Unlock all story mode events
- SLVRKEY: Unlock all arcade mode events
- GR8MODS: Unlock all of Lightning's customizations
- EVRYBDY: Unlock most characters (referred to as "McQueen Friends")
- CARSHOW: Unlock all paint jobs
Cars 2: The Video Game Edit
(All are TBA)
Cars:IGNITE Remake Edit
Cheat Codes have been confirmed to be a feature, although none have been revealed yet.
- The PC version of Cars: The Video Game is the only installment where cheat codes can be typed in using the keyboard. On the other games, you have to scroll through letters and numbers by clicking, which can be very stressful if the game tends to crash alot.
- Cars: Mater-National Championship is the only game where cheat codes (except for ZZOOOOM, VRYFAST, and 0TO200X) remain permanent once entered, cheat codes turn off if the game crashes or is turned off on the other installments.
- Entering VROOOOM in the first game instantly gives the player 3 boost segments, no matter how many they had at the time.