Lux Motors Co. Piston Cup V8
Green, white (gray in Cars 3)
Green or Blue
Piston Cup Racer
Aikens is one of the 18 Piston Cup Racers from Cars: The Video Game, and one of two to appear in the Cars 3 game, Cars 3: Driven to Win.
Cars: The Video GameEdit
Aikens appears during the Piston Cup races, usually in the 6-10 or 11-15 pack, with the exception of Smasherville International Speedway, where he was actually faster than Chick Hicks. Aikens is not playable in arcade mode, but will appear in Piston Cup races in Arcade and VS Mode.
Cars 3: Driven to WinEdit
Aikens, along with Henderson, appear in this game as playable characters, both marking the playable debut of NPC Piston Cup Racers in a fully-fledged game, and marking their first appearance in 11 years.
Aikens is green and white with number 51 and sponsors for a product called Vitoline.and his body scheme is slightly altered, also now having green rims.
- In all but the Wii version of the game, Aikens doesn't appear in Motor Speedway of the South. Instead, he is replaced with another Hollister.
- Aikens is like the other 17 cars, a clone of Joltsen.
- Aikens is the only car whose grille changes shape depending on the version of the game, having a two-piece grille (along with Turner and McCoy) on the Wii and Xbox 360, although this grille still stands out by being much thinner than any other car's grille.
- Aikens and Bashman are the only cars to have their "own" grille, although they both on at least one version lose them.
- Aikens, Cortland, Henderson, and Clarkson are the only cars to never be mentioned by the announcer.
- Aikens is the only NPC car to actually outspeed Chick Hicks in a single-player race.
- Aikens is the only NPC Piston Cup Racer to have the same (and correct) number in every version of the first game.
- Aikens' number is the same as Doc's.
- This also makes Aikens the only NPC Piston Cup Racer to share numbers with a different car.
- Aikens' number also implies that if there were a 19th NPC Piston Cup Racer, it would be an Easy Idle car numbered 61, as Aikens was 61 in the film, which had an Easy Idle car numbered 51.
- Aikens also was depicted with the number 61 in the intro of the Xbox 360 version of the game, although he still was number 51 in the final game.